Was your AOL Password changed? And you don’t have any idea who did it then you are in some trouble. Mostly these are the tasks of hackers who try to enter your account to access the personal details that can be misused later. The best option you are left with is to reset the password and create a new one so that your account would remain safe and secure. If you are not aware of the measures to do the needful then you can try the enlisted steps. Also, you can reach out to AOL Email customer support number for acquiring the best way to reset the password from the technical executives who knows all the solution for all email glitches.
Steps to reset your AOL Password –
AOL provides you with an option to add a backup email address and your phone number so that in case of emergency if you lose or forget your password then you can easily get it back through the recovery information.
- Visit the official page of AOL
- Enter your AOL Username and click next
- AOL will verify that you are the actual owner of the account or not
- Enter your mobile phone number and click next
- You will receive a verification code via SMS, once you get it to enter it on the page and click next
- Now you need to enter a new password (make sure it is strong and unique)
- Click save after typing in your new password
- Review your recovery information and ensure that it is correct if you want any additions, click update now
Note: The password you will create must be a right combination of numbers and alphabets and there should be no use of special characters.
Also Read: Download AOL Desktop Gold
Make it rememberable or at least jot it down so that it can be utilized for the next time when you log in.
You can avail immediate help from the technicians available at AOL Email customer support number that stays accessible round the clock.