Sometimes if certain requirements or routine system checks aren’t met by the customers of desktop gold, it could lead to problems in the installation of the software. And especially after the new windows 10 update, there have been many complaints saying that the users face a lot of difficulty and problems while trying to download the software to the newly updated operating system. This is because of the incompatible nature of the two software with each other. This problem can be resolved, there’s no need to get worried over it. But the steps you need to take can be quite lengthy and intricate. You must not procrastinate this problem further or else it could lead to more severe problems. If you want to know what you can do to solve this error or problem you can go through the contents of this blog. Or you can also talk to the executives at their online AOL customer care service.
There are many measures you can take to either prevent this problem from happening or to solve it. Written below are some steps you can take to handle this problem.
Check software compatibility requirements.
Before you download AOL desktop gold, it requires certain requirements and if these specifications aren’t met, it could lead to installation errors. So before you install it to the system make sure to check all these requirements:
- The computer must have 1GB RAM and a robust internet connection.
- The latest update of Internet Explorer or any kind of web browser.
- A computer processor having 266 MHz or higher.
- Your computer should have a screen resolution of 1024×768 or greater.
Even after meeting these specifications if you still cannot install AOL Desktop Gold in Windows 10, you need to go back to the previous software version. And to do this you need to follow certain steps which are crucial for the success of this conversion.
- Click on the start button and go to settings on your windows 10 computer.
- Under this, you need to select the ‘update and security’ setting option.
- By clicking on that you will see the recovery option. Under this, you need to click on ‘go back to windows 8.1’. After that hit the ‘get started’ button to go back to the previous version of the software.
These steps will take you back a version and you will be able to install AOL desktop Gold normally. You can always talk to the representatives at the 24×7 online AOL customer service site if you have further complications with the software.